21 and 23 Park Street West Luton
21 to 25 Park Street West July 2008
At one time J. W. Green Limited owned most of the buildings in Park Street West. This was because their Phoenix Brewery lay in the street and John William Green himself as wel las the firm bought up many of the surrounding structures for use as offices and for other uses.
21 and 23 Park Street west were both owned by Horace C. and Mrs E. U. Hunter. On 6th October 1890 they leased both premises to John William Green. Elizabeth Usher Hunter conveyed them both to J. W. Green Limited on 5th September 1911
In February 1981 the former Department of Environment listed both properties as Grade II, of special interest. They date to about 1860 and are built in Luton grey brick with red brick dressings and have Welsh slate roofs. Number 21 has two storeys and Number 23 has three.