11 and 13 Park Street West Luton
11 and 13 Park Street West July 2008
J. W. Green Limited's Phoenix Brewery stood in Park Street West. Over time the company bought up most of the road and used the buildings as offices and for other uses. Numbers 11 and 13 were owned by a man named William Smith who, in 1891, conveyed them to the originally named John Smith. On 24th June 1908 the trustees of his will conveyed both properties to John William Green, founder of J. W. Green Limited. He conveyed them to the company on 17th February 1923.
In February 1981 both properties were listed by the former Department of Environment as Grade II, of special interest. The Department dated the structures to about 1860.
They are built of Luton grey brick with red brick dressings and have a Welsh slate roof. They comprise three storeys.