We are the County Record Office for Bedfordshire. Anyone may use our service and the archives we hold for research either in person or remotely. We are based in Riverside Building, Borough Hall, Bedford.
** Restricted Opening **
We are now accepting bookings
We will still have our Covid restrictions in place to ensure our staff and visitors remain safe - please read our Covid guidelines before booking and before visiting. Please also note the main points below before reading the guidelines.
- When requesting a booking please provide alternative dates in case your first choice is already fully booked.
- We can now accommodate two visitors to the searchroom per morning or afternoon session please let us know if you wish to bring someone with you.
- All archive documents need to be pre-ordered. Lists of document references are needed three working days in advance.
- We now allow free browsing of the searchroom items (e.g. microfilm/microfiche/parish register transcripts).
- Once your visit is confirmed by us we will only get in touch if there’s an issue.
Due to limited staff numbers onsite we are not currently able to answer phone calls so should you need to contact us please fill out our enquiry form.
Visiting us in person:
see our Visit Us
page for guidance.
Unable to visit us in person: we offer an enquiry & research service.
Do you have a question about our archives? Fill out our enquiry form.
Please do check our catalogue before sending an enquiry, as you may well be able to find the answer to your question there.
Would you like to join us as a volunteer? See our volunteers and work experience page.
Follow us on Social Media!
Follow us on Facebook as Bedfordshire Archives. We are also on Twitter and Instagram as @BedsArchives.
Our latest annual report for 2020-2021 is now available.