We are the County Record Office for Bedfordshire. Anyone may use our service and the archives we hold for research either in person or remotely. We are based in Riverside Building, Borough Hall, Bedford.
** Appointments from March 2022 onwards **
We will still have some Covid restrictions in place given the high case rate presently - please read our Covid Guidelines before booking and before visiting. Please also note the main points below before reading the guidelines.
- When requesting a booking please provide alternative dates in case your first choice is already fully booked.
- We can now accommodate four visitors to the searchroom per morning or afternoon session so please let us know if you wish to bring someone with you.
- All archive documents need to be pre-ordered. Lists of document references are needed three working days in advance.
- We now allow free browsing of the searchroom items (e.g. microfilm/microfiche/parish register transcripts).
- Once your visit is confirmed by us we will only get in touch if there’s an issue.
We are now answering phone calls so please ring us on 01234 228833 or fill out our enquiry form.
Visiting us in person:
see our Visit Us
page for guidance.
Unable to visit us in person: we offer an enquiry & research service.
Do you have a question about our archives? Fill out our enquiry form.
Please do check our catalogue before sending an enquiry, as you may well be able to find the answer to your question there.
Would you like to join us as a volunteer? See our volunteers and work experience page.
Follow us on Social Media!
Follow us on Facebook as Bedfordshire Archives. We are also on Twitter and Instagram as @BedsArchives.
Our latest annual report for 2020-2021 is now available.