The Nags Head Inn Sandy
Only one reference to this inn survives in records held by Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service. In 1720 George Pedly of Potton made his will in which he devised a number of licensed premises in Potton and Sandy. One of these was a cottage in Sandy called “The Naggs Head” in the occupation of John Ray [WG88]. Sadly no more is known of this inn, not even where in Sandy it lay.
List of Licensees: note that this is not a complete list. Italics indicate licensees whose beginning and/or end dates are not known:
1702: John Ray