Additions to The Church of The Transgfiguration Kempston
The Church of The Transfiguration from the north-east September 2007
The structural history of the church since it was completed in 1940 can be found in detail in Bedfordshire Historical Record Society Volume number 80 of 2001 Bedfordshire Churches in the Nineteenth Century: Part IV: Appendices and Index put together by former County Archivist Chris Pickford from numerous sources some held by Bedfordshire & Luton Archives & Records Service and some held elsewhere or published.
A new pulpit was provided in 1951 [P139/0/4]. In 1972 the chancel east window was filled with stained glass [DSA2/1/634/1].
There is no burial ground at the church. The church deposits with Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service thus comprise registers of baptisms, marriages and funerals.