The Cock Inn Toddington
The only known mention of the Cock comes in a deed of 1695 conveying the Crown from Sir James and Dame Anne Astrey to John and Elizabeth Sutton [BH70-71]. The description of the property locates the Cock to the east of the Crown
, which itself is to the east of the Bell
. The Agas map of 1581
[X1/102] shows the property adjacent to the Bell as owned by Raffe Astrey, and the next tenement to be held freehold by the town of Toddington. As the conveyance describes the Cock as "being a Town house" this would locate it as being on the site of the Toddington Almshouses.