Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Toddington > The Ram Inn Toddington

The Ram Inn Toddington

In Toddington: Its Annals and People Joseph Hight Blundell states that the Ram stood behind the smithy in Station Road and later became the butchery of a John Cotching. In 1711 Richard Attwell was the tenant and in 1731 Matthew Bishop. The Ram is mentioned in the Toddington baptism register for 1734 when Mary, the daughter John and Mary Tayler of Saint George, Southwark, a salesman and his wife who were lodging at the Ram, was baptised.