Skip Navigation

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community Histories > Southill > The New Inn Southill

The New Inn Southill

The only reference to this establishment in records held by Bedfordshire & Luton Archives & Records Service is in an overseers' account book for Southill beginning in 1793 [P69/12/1] when Thomas Wiles paid parish rates to the overseers (to be used to aid the poor of the parish) in respect of the New Inn. He disappears from the book in November 1799 and the inn is not mentioned again - the obvious inference being that it then closed. Unfortunately, there is no record of where in Southill the inn stood.