The Cross Keys Inn Hockliffe
The Cross Keys Inn stood on the east side of Watling Street in the area originally part of Chalgrave parish which was transferred to Hockliffe in 1929 but its exact location is not known. The Hockliffe parish register for 1677 mentions John son of John [Trick?]man "born at the Crosse Keyes in Chalgrave parish baptised June 2". The Cross Keys was no longer an inn by 1750 [F89].
- PL/AC2/25: Hockliffe Parish Survey (Historic Landscape and Archaeology) draft report, Stephen Coleman, 1982