The Manor of Tempsford Brays
Volume II of the Victoria County History of Bedfordshire was published in 1908 and gives the history of the manors in Tempsford. A fourth manor in Tempsford, the Manor of Brayes, was held by the Prior of Wallingford in 1324 by service of 40 shillings yearly. No further information about this manor has been found other than 19th century references which indicate it was in the same ownership as the Manor of Draytons
A succession of Law of Property Acts in the 1920s extinguished all manorial incidents, courts and copyhold tenure of land. This effectively abolished manors in all but name.