Skip Navigation

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community Histories > Tempsford > Sources for Education in Tempsford

Sources for Education in Tempsford

The former Tempsford School February 2016
The former Tempsford school February 2016

The following list gives all the sources relating to education in Tempsford held by Bedfordshire Archives and Records Service. Due to the terms of the Data Protection Act, records containing personal details of living individuals will be closed in total or in part depending on the nature of the information.

  • SDTempsford1/1-3. School log books 1869-1918, 1918-1972 and 1972-1983.
  • SDTempsford2. Admission register 1865-1874.
  • SDTempsford3/1-2. Admission registers 1866-1887 and 1902-1983.
  • SDTempsford4. Manager’s minutes with accounts 1893-1920 [accounts 1907 - 1919].
  • SDTempsford5. Papers including Diocesan Inspector's report (1903), and coloured photograph of the school (c1980?) 1903-1982.
  • E/IN1/1. School inspectors’ reports 1910-1935.
  • E/SA3/1/2. Managers’ and inspector’s reports 1903.
  • E/TE5/3. Details of teachers 1904-1908.
  • E/TE5/4. Details of teachers 1908-1912.
  • Z1306/21/3/1. Postcard of Bromham Hall sent to Miss Higgens at the School House, Tempsford 1906.
  • WY1036/17/3. Counterpart lease of Tempsford Church of England Schools. William Dugald Stuart to Rev. James Davenport Jones and others 1903. 
  • WY935. Wynne manuscripts: Tempsford School agreements and correspondence 1905-1920.
  • CRT130/7 TEM. My Life in Tempsford by M.S. Meeks.
  • X481/10. Printed notice from Biggleswade Board Schools concerning additional public school accommodation required in various parishes 1872-1876.
  • X362/1. John Cope’s school exercise book 1812-1813.
  • X362/30. Picture postcard 1904.
  • X362/31.Picture postcard, undated. 
  • X362/32. Picture postcard showing children at drill in the playground 1906.
  • CA10/87. County Arhitects maintenance contracts for damp proofing and decoration 1981.
  • CA8/1017. County Architects building maintenance file 1964-1984.
  • AO/C9/13. Agricultural Officer’s correspondence 1971-1972.
  • PY/PH162/1. Exterior slide showing old building and portakabin classroom (1 colour slide) c.1980.
  • PY/E2/1238. Property management file: Tempsford School House 1966-1979.
  • E/TE3/4. Return of teaching staff 1981.
  • E/SC1/Temp/1-2. Consultative Paper on closure of school issued by Small Schools & Surplus Places Working Party 1982.
  • E/SC1/Gen/5-6. Appendix to report giving details of schools and proposals for transfer of students on closure 1981.
  • E/SC1/Gen/7. Press notice announcing the closure of Lower Schools 1983.