89 to 93 Station Road Tempsford
89 to 93 Station Road February 2016
89 to 93 Station Road are Tempsford Estate houses, built for tenants of the estate. They are constructed in the same yellow brick, with red brick facing and slate roofs as the other estate housing in Station Road. They have two storeys.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. The valuer visiting the cottages [DV1/C157/47-49] found that they were still owned by the estate. Number 89 was vacant, the other two being inhabited by P Brigginshaw and G Rossblade respectively.
The accommodation comprised a parlour and living room downstairs with two bedrooms above. Water came from an outside tap. The washhouse was shared by all three properties.