33 to 37 Station Road Tempsford
33 to 37 Station Road February 2017
33 to 37 Station Road were built by the Tempsford Estate in 1876 as housing for tenants. They are constructed in yellow brick, with red brick facings and with slate roofs. They comprise two storeys.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. The valuer visiting the cottages [DV1/C157/8-10] found they were still owned by the Tempsford Estate the tenants, in ascending order of house number, were S George and H Goodship with the end one vacant. Each dwelling comprised a living room, a kitchen and three bedrooms. All three shared a washhouse and water came from a tap in the yard. The valuer commented: “Very good cottage(s)”.