Wilstead Evangelical Church
The Mission Hall about 1950 [Z50/134/47]
Wilshamstead Evangelical Church appears on the Ordnance Survey 25 inches to the mile second edition map of 1901 where it is marked as “Mission Hall”. It does not appear on the first edition map of 1883.
The Free Methodist meeting known as Wilshamstead Mission Hall was registered 17th April 1895 by Charles Smith of Wilshamstead, grocer, one of the trustees. This entry was substituted on 20th May 1957 when, presumably, the use of the premises changed. The Free Methodist Church originated in New York in 1860.
Sadly Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service has no records from the evangelical church itself. The church has a website.
Wilstead Evangelical Church March 2012