The following maps are only a selection of those held at Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service.
The map below [X1/97/5] was made in 1718 and is a photograph of the original [L33/286]. The surveyor was Edward Laurence and the work was undertaken for the Duke of Kent as it showed the lands of his manors in Flitton and Silsoe. The map also shows the villages of Flitton, Greenfield and Pulloxhill. To see a larger version, please click on the image.
The map below shows Silsoe in 1828 and is taken for a map prepared for Amabel, 1st Countess Grey [L33/9]. The map also shows the villages of Flitton, Greenfield, Clophill, Pulloxhill, Upper Gravenhurst, Lower Gravenhurst and Higham Gobion. To see a larger version, please click on the image.
The three maps below are from the Ordnance Survey 25 inches to the mile maps showing the village. the first edition was published in 1882, the second edition in 1901 and the third edition in 1924. Again, to see a larger version, please click on the corresponding image.
Silsoe in 1882
Silsoe in 1901
Silsoe in 1924