75 Church Street Shillington
75 and 77 Church Street March 2014
75 Church Street was listed by the former Department of Environment in July 1975 as Grade II, of special interest. It dates from the 17th century and is a timber-framed structure with colourwashed roughcast render and clay tiled roof. The building comprises two storeys.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. The valuer visiting the premises [Dv1/C75/7] found that it was owned by Mrs M A Simkins and occupied by A Prutton at a rent of £5 per annum for a living room, a kitchen and two bedrooms. A barn stood outside. The valuer noted that it had once been two cottages.