121-125 High Road Shillington
121 to 125 High Road April 2015
121 to 125 High Road was listed by the former Department of Environment in July 1975 as Grade II, of special interest. The property dates from about 1600 and has a substantial timber-framed structure, the ground floor of the western cross-wing being built-out-in brick. Parts of the building were pebbledash rendered and parts were cement rendered and incised to imitate ashlar. The house has clay tile roofs, is built in an H-plan and has two storeys. The east cross-wing is slightly lower.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. The valuer visiting the properties [DV1/C62/24-27] found they were all owned by Mrs Hanscombe, Lady of the Manor of Shillington.
The front of the property was in occupation of Mrs M. Fossey, the rear was occupied by S. Cooper and the middle by Mrs L. West. All tenants paid £4/10/- rent per annum and has a living room, a kitchen, two bedrooms and a barn.
121 to 125 High Road side view April 2015