The Old Court House 13 The Green Harrold
Honeysuckle Cottage in 1962 [Z53/54/17]
13 The Green, The Old Court House, formerly called Honeysuckle Cottage, was listed by the former Department of Environment in 1964 as Grade II (of special interest). It is 17th or 18th century in origin and is built, like most of the older properties in Harrold, of coursed limestone rubble; it has now been plastered over. It has a thatched roof and was built in an L-plan with a projecting gabled wing on the right hand side, also of two storeys.
In 1927 property in Harrold was valued under the Rating Valuation Act of 1925; every piece of land and building in the country had to be valued to determine the rates to be paid upon it. At that date the house was two dwellings. The valuer found them both owned by J.Rootham. One [DV1/C71/114] was occupied by H.Rootham and comprised a living room with two bedrooms above and no garden. The other [DV1/C71/115] was occupied by Miss J.Rootham and comprised living room, kitchen and scullery downstairs with two bedrooms above and an earth closet outside but, again, no garden.
13 The Green The Old Court House May 2008