Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Harrold > Early and General References to Licensing in Harrold

Early and General References to Licensing in Harrold

Directories and other sources list the following beer sellers for Harrold, the names of whose premises are not known:

1811: Richard Clapham, innkeeper [CRT130Harrold9]
1864: Thomas Denton; John Noble, brazier;
1869: Thomas Denton, John Noble; William Thompson, baker;
1876: Bond; John Noble, brazier; 1877: Mary Bond; John Noble, grazier;
1885: Thomas Noble, tin, iron and zinc plate worker;
1890: Herbert Dartnell, Samuel Parris;
1894: Samuel Parris;
1898: Robert Bayes [later at the Wheatsheaf]; Samuel Parris;
1903: Robert Bayes; Samuel Parris;
1910: Mary Parris [PS3/3 notes that she was licensee of a no sign beerhouse until 1912 when she was succeeded by Ebenezer Abbott, the beerhouse being closed 1914]