3 The Green Harrold
3 The Green in July 2008
1 and 3 The Green were both listed by the former Department of Environment in 1964 as Grade II (of special interest). They are early 19th century in origin and are built, like most of the older properties in Harrold, of coursed limestone rubble. They have a Welsh slate roof. They comprise two storeys.
In 1927 property in Harrold was valued under the Rating Valuation Act of 1925; every piece of land and building in the country had to be valued to determine the rates to be paid upon it. The valuer visiting Number 3 [DV1/C71/109] noted that it was owned by J.F.le Fevre and occupied by E.Clayson, who had paid 13 shillings a month in rent since 1922.
The property comprised a living room and passage in the rear with two bedrooms above. There was no garden and no barn. The valuer simply remarked: "Poor".