Cottages at Honeywick in 1829
Historians of Totternhoe are lucky in that two detailed maps showing the Bridgewater, later Brownlow Estate survive for the early 19th century. The map of 1829 [BW1004] has a reference book detailing all the land holdings on the estate. Each house in the village is marked, together with a description of the area of the property and the name of the person who inhabited it, whether or not the property was owned by the Estate. The number below ties in with the number on the map.
Cottages at Honeywick in 1829 [BW1004]
- 175: Three cottages, barn, stable, garden etc.; owned by John Varney; occupied by Daniel Philpot, Thomas Turney, J. Proctor and John Varney; 30 poles.