13 Warden Road March 2010
13 Warden Road was listed by the former Department of Environment in March 1985 as Grade II, of special interest. The department dated the property to the 18th century. It has a timber framed construction, mainly with colour washed plaster
infill but with weather-boarding to north gable end. The cottage has a thatched roof and a single storey.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. Ickwell was assessed in 1927 and the valuer visiting 13 Warden Road found it owned and occupied by Charles Little. The cottage stood in just under half an acre.
The “good” accommodation comprised a living room, kitchen and three bedrooms. An earth closet, washhouse, coal house and barn stood outside. There was a large garden and water came from an outside tap.