The Manor of Goldington Bury
Volume III of The Victoria County History for Bedfordshire was published in 1912 and gives accounts of all the various manors in Goldington. This manor is first recorded in the 14th century when owned by the Pycard family. William Pycard was killed by his wife Joan, who was pardoned in 1380 and the following year alienated her right in the manor to Thomas Haselden.
The Haselden family arms
This family, variously spelled Haselden, Hasilden, Hasuldene, Haslyden and Hasselden, held the manor into the 18th century. The last mention of the name in the parish comes with the death of Robert Haselden in 1742, though the manor may have been sold before this date.
The Thornton family arms
The manor does not occur in the historical record again until 1867 when it was held by Harry Thornton. By 1877, however, it was in the possession of Joseph Shuttleworth who died in 1883 and whose son Frank Shuttleworth of Old Warden became the owner. A succession of Law of Property Acts in the 1920s effectively abolished manors in all but name.