Putnoe Heights Methodist Church
Putnoe Heights Church June 2017
Putnoe Heights church was built as a Methodist church following the closure of the chapel in Bromham Road in 1955. The building was begun in 1956 and opened in 1957 and is decidedly Italianate in style. The buildings on the right hand side of the photograph above were added in 1994/95. Putnoe Heights was originally part of the Bedford North Circuit.
Since 1973 the church has been in partnership with the Anglican Saint Mark’s, Brickhill a partnership unique in Bedfordshire. Both churches welcome worshippers from both backgrounds and work very closely together. Since 2011 Putnoe Heights has been part of the North Bedfordshire Circuit.
Currently  Bedfordshire Archive and Record Service has the following archives for Putnoe Heights:
- MB2/BPH/2/1322: leaders’ meetings and Annual Society Meetings: 1955-1968;
- MB2/BPH/2/4577: building committee and sub-committee minutes: 1955-1957;
- MB2/BPH/3/1323: building committee account book: 1955-1959;
- MB2/BPH/3/4578: account book: 1958-1970;
- MB2/BPH/3/4579: building fund account book: 1968-1975;
- MB2/BPH/3/4580: building fund annual accounts: 1973-1975;
- MB2/BPH/6/1324: correspondence file regarding building the church: 1954-1958;
- MB2/BPH/12/4582: Overseas Missions Committee minutes: 1965-1971;
- MB2/BPH/12/4583: Missionary Committee notebook: 1965-1971.