Goldington Church Architecture
The church from the south-west about 1910 [Z1130/51/4]
Saint Mary’s church is dominated by the modern nave built in the mid-1950s on the site of the old north aisle. The church is much older than this, however, the earliest parts dating from the 13th century. The original church comprised a nave, chancel, north aisle, west tower, south chapel and south porch.
The church from the north-west June 2017
The remaining 13th century masonry is the arch to the south chapel. The font dates from the 14th century. The rest of the medieval structure, including the tower, is Perpendicular in style and dates from the 15th century. There is a piscina in the chancel