Odell Church Architecture
Odell church from the south May 2008
Common sense indicates that there must have been an Anglo-Saxon church at Odell, likely replaced, as was usual, soon after the Norman Conquest. The earliest known incumbent was in 1220 and the advowson is first mentioned in 1235. Despite this the current Odell church is a 15th century building and thus probably at least the third one the parish has had.
Nave looking east June 2008
The building contains a chancel, nave with aisles north and south, west tower and south porch with a vaulted ceiling. All of thee are of Perpendicular design. Even the font, which bears evidence of paint, is 15th century.
Interior looking west June 2008
Some 15th century glass, figures of angels, survives in the south aisle east window. There are also some fragments in the chancel south window.
15th century stained glass in the south aisle east window June 2008