Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Shefford > The Salvation Army in Shefford

The Salvation Army in Shefford

Bedfordshire & Luton Archives & Records Service has no records of the Salvation Army in Shefford other than notes of registrations of premises in Bedfordshire Historical Records Society Volume 75 of 1996 Chapels and Meeting Houses by Edwin Welch. A Salvation Army Barracks was registered in Shefford by Edward Batten of Meppershall, captain in 1887 and re-registered the next year by Alfred Wood of Shefford, captain. Premises were in Bridge Street were registered in 1901 by John Williams of Meppershall Road, Shefford, captain.