Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Oakley > Sources for Education in Oakley

Sources for Education in Oakley

The following list gives all the sources relating to education in Oakley held by Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service. Due to the terms of the Data Protection Act records containing personal details of living individuals will be closed in total, or in part, depending on the nature of the information.

 Oakley Lower School April 2011
Oakley Lower School April 2011

Oakley School

  • P40/25/9/1: note of three grants to the National School: 1818-1821;
  • P40/25/9/24-35: salary payments made to the master: 1818-1837;
  • P40/25/9/2Letter from the vicar to the Duke of Bedford suggesting allotting £2 to the school from his annual charity: 1820s;
  • P40/25/9/18: note of the foundation in 1802: 1828
  • P40/25/9/3: an account of the school's establishment: 1829;
  • P40/25/9/4: letter stating that the school is not a branch of the National Society: 1829;
  • P40/25/9/5: letter noting pecuniary assistance to the school: 1830;
  • R3/3752: note of dilapidations and the donation of £100 by the Duke of Bedford in 1802: 1833;
  • P40/25/9/7: statement that the school suffered disrepute: c. 1830s;
  • P40/25/9/10: receipt from the National Society for a collection of 19/2: 1838;
  • P40/25/9/11: suggestion of abolishing the day school: 1838;
  • X25/28: Bedfordshire Institution papers: c. 1839;
  • R3/4281: proposal to reduce the size of the new school: 1840;
  • R3/4459: situation of the school house: 1841;
  • R3/4569: fate of the old school: 1842;
  • P40/25/9/13-14: letters from the Duke of Bedford relating to a new schoolmaster: 1845;
  • P40/25/916: no trace of a deed to the school site: 1855;
  • E/SA3/1/1:tabulated return of pupils under the Factory & Workshop Act 1878: 1879;
  • SB32/5-6: School Board minute books: 1879-1903;
  • SB32/1 and 7: financial statements: 1879-1903;
  • SDOakley6: examination schedules, inspector's reports etc.: 1893-1950;
  • CCE/SB32/1: lease from the Oakley Charity: 1897;
  • CCE/SB32/2: mortgage of the buildings to the Public Works Loans Committee: 1897;
  • SDOakley5: punishment book: 1901-1960;
  • SB32/3: return by the School Board clerk to the new Local Education Authority: 1903;
  • SMM14: school managers' minutes:1903-1935;
  • E/TE5/1: details of teachers: 1904-1908;
  • E/TE5/2: details of teachers: 1908-1912;
  • RDBP1/70: plans for alterations to the building: 1909;
  • Z50/85/5: photograph of school, house and teachers: c. 1910;
  • E/IN1/1: inspector's reports: 1911-1938;
  • Z171/1: letter of appointment to new headmistress: 1912;
  • Z50/85/8-13: photographs of school groups: 1914-1935;
  • Z50/85/6-7: photograph of school and house: c. 1930;
  • RDBP3/408: plans for a school kitchen: 1943;
  • CCE1052: acquisition of land to provide access: 1954;
  • CA8/282: building maintenance file: 1959-1976;
  • CA2/60: building contract for the new school: 1962-1963;
  • CA2/441/8: building file on isolated classrooms: 1964-1972;
  • CA2/308: classroom plan: 1968;
  • E/YM7/9/9: use of the school by 1st Oakley Guide Company and 2nd Oakley Brownie Pack: 1970-1986;
  • CA2/892: 160 place extension to the school: 1972-1975;
  • CA8/791: building maintenance file: 1976-1982;
  • E/TE2/L/69: details of the school: 1978;
  • E/TE3/4: return of teaching staff: 1981;
  • E/TE3/7: return of teaching staff: 1986;
  • E/MS3/2/1: kitchen and other details: c. 1987;
  • E/Pu4/4/223: school prospectus: 1995.

Lincroft School April 2011
Lincroft School April 2011

Lincroft School

  • CCE413: deed of land fronting Station Road, subsequently part of the school: 1937;
  • CA2/39: building contract: 1959-1960;
  • CCE1694: land purchased as the site for the school: 1962;
  • CA8/261: building maintenance file: 1962-1974;
  • SGM25: school governors' minutes: 1962-1973;
  • PY/PH66/1-2: interior and exterior photographs: 1963;
  • CA2/441/8: file on isolated classrooms: 1964-1972;
  • CA2/385: file on conversion of premises: 1972-1976;
  • E/SA1/4/2: file on comprehensive reorganisation: 1972-1976;
  • CA8/296: extension to the paved area at the school: 1973;
  • CA8/796: building maintenance file on the school: 1975-1982;
  • E/TE3/1: return of teaching staff: 1980;
  • E/TE3/2: return of teaching staff: 1981;
  • E/SC2/Oak1: intended transfer of Clapham children from Lincroft to Parkwood Middle School, Bedford: 1984;
  • E/TE3/7: return of teaching staff: 1986;
  • E/MS3/2/1: kitchen and other details: c. 1987;
  • CC/HS3/3/1: health and safety memorandum regarding craft, design, technology and textiles: 1988;
  • E/Pu4/4/10: school prospectus: 1995.