The Manor of Brays Husborne Crawley
The histories of manors in Bedfordshire are given in Volume III of The Victoria County History for Bedfordshire published in 1912. The Manor of Husborne Crawley alias Brays is first recorded in 1422 when it was held from its overlord, the Crown, by Nicholas Ravenhill. It descended to his daughter Agnes and then to her son John Finaunce, who held it in 1472.
The Bray family coat of arms
The manor passed from the Finaunce family to Sir Reginald Bray of Eaton Bray, who died in 1509. In 1566 Edmund Bray conveyed the manor to Sir John Thompson. Subsequently the manor was included as part of Crawley Manor.
The Thompson family coat of arms