2 Station Road Blunham
Warwick House 2 Station Road October 2009
Warwick House, 2 Station Road, is a handsome 19th century house, built of yellow brick with red brick courses as decoration, standing near the junction of Station Road, Barford Road and The Hill. The Rating and Valuation Act of 1925 specified that every piece of land and building in the country should be assessed to determine the rates to be paid on it. Blunham was assessed in 1927 and the valuer visiting 2 Station Road, then called Warwick Villa [DV1/C155/107] noted that it was owned by market gardener Charles William Rawlins and occupied by F. Sims, Rawlins' foreman.
The house comprised two parlours (each with a bay window), a kitchen and scullery downstairs with four bedrooms above. A barn and earth closet stood outside, as did a brick and tile garage and stable for two horses. Water came from a tap in the yard. The valuer commented: "Very good house, at corner of roads".