The following maps are only a selection of those held at Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service.
The map below [X1/97/4] was made in 1718 and is a photograph of the original [L33/286]. The surveyor was Edward Laurence and the work was undertaken for the Duke of Kent as it showed the lands of his manors in Flitton and Silsoe. The map also shows the villages of Silsoe, Greenfield and Pulloxhill. To see a larger version, please click on the image.
Flitton in 1718 [X1/97/4]
The map below shows Silsoe in 1828 and is taken for a map prepared for Amabel, 1st Countess Grey [L33/9]. The map also shows the villages of Silsoe, Greenfield, Clophill, Pulloxhill, Upper Gravenhurst, Lower Gravenhurst and Higham Gobion. To see a larger version, please click on the image.
Flitton in 1828 [L33/9]
The two maps below are from the Ordnance Survey 25 inches to the mile maps showing the village. The first edition was published in 1881, the second edition in 1901. Again, to see a larger version, please click on the corresponding image.
Flitton in 1881
Flitton in 1901