112 to 116 Wing Road Linslade
112 to 116 Wing Road October 2008
112 to 116 Wing Road were sold by auction in 1924 [BML10/44/49] for £680 - they were described as: "A FREEHOLD PROPERTY consisting of 3 Brick-and -Slated DWELLING HOUSES with gardens Situate and being Numbers 112, 114 and 116 Wing Road, Linslade. Each House contains Sitting Room, Kitchen, Scullery and 3 Bedrooms over, and at the rear is paved yard, with Fuel Barns and W.C.'s. There is also a brick-built and slated Stable and a Coach-house let with Number 112. The Property is let on monthly tenancies to Mrs.Roadknight, Mr.W.Seniscal and Miss Sambrook, at rents producing £54 12 shillings per annum. The frontage to Wing Road is about 96 feet. TOWN WATER. MAIN DRAINAGE. GAS. The adjoining owners are Mrs.Clarke and Dr.S.Roberts.
The 1901 census reveals the following occupants:
- Alfred Roadnight, 57, postman, born in Wing [Buckinghamshire];
- Sarah Roadknight, wife, 56, born in Wing;
- Florence Roadknight, daughter, 21, dressmaker, born in Linslade
- William Seniscal, 36, groom, born in Ledburn [Buckinghamshire];
- Ellen Seniscal, wife, 39, born in Barnet [Hertfordshire];
- Dorothy K.Seniscal, daughter, 1, born in Linslade.
- Annie Sambrook, widow, 67, born in Leighton Buzzard;
- Rose Sambrook, daughter, 25, born in Linslade;
- Arthur Sambrook, son, 22, postman, born in Linslade;
- Edith A.Sambrook, granddaughter, 6, born in Homerton [London]