Skip Navigation

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community Histories > Ravensden

Ravensden Index of Pages


The Parish of Ravensden

Mills of Ravensden

Ravensden War Memorial

Ravensden Village Hall

Ravensden Feast

The Agnes Martin Charity (later Ravensden Town and Poor Estate Charity)


Morinsbury Manor

Ravensden Manor

Ronhale Manor

Tilwick Manor

Trailly's Manor

Medieval Ravensden

Knights of St. John of Jerusalem

Ravensden People

Reverend Timothy Matthews

Morin Family

Sunderland Family

Wagstaff Family

Wythes Family

Other family names important to the village of Ravensden are Stanton, Harper, Horrell, (James Horrell was Parish Clerk for 57 years) Bishop, (William Bishop was Headmaster of the School for 28 years and Churchwarden for 22 years), Fensome, Carter, Peacock  and Wiles.


All Saints Church

All Saints Church Architecture

Vicars of Ravensden

Ravensden Vicarages


Registration and Early References in Ravensden

Zion Baptist Chapel


Early Education in Ravensden

Ravensden School

Ravensden School in 1904

Sources for Education in Ravensden

Interesting Buildings

April, Hillcrest and Twisden Cottages

Church Farm (also known as Church End Farm)

Harper Cottages

Lower Grange (or The 'New' Grange)

Oak Cottage

The Old Grange

Ravensden House

The Water Tower

Licensed Premises

Blacksmith's Arms

The Case is Altered

Horse & Jockey (formerly Horse & Groom)

White Lion (now the Old White Lion)