This page was contributed by Trevor Stewart
Another manor in Ravensden, called MORINSBURY MANOR, which was held of the barony of Bedford for fealty and one white capon, originated in the possessions of Ralph Morin, who held land in Ravensden in 1195 and 1207. The ownership passed to the Tyringham family, one of whom, Geoffrey, was holding towards the end of the 13th century and Roger in 1302 and 1346. The next owner, John Tyringham, who leased it in 1405 to John Prior of Newnham for a term of forty-four years, died in 1416, leaving a son John, to whom the manor reverted at the termination of the lease. John died in 1465, and was succeeded by his son, another John, but after this date there is no further mention of this manor, though traces of it may perhaps be found in the name of Morsebury, a field owned by the Gostwicks in the middle of the sixteenth century, which included the earthworks, consisting of a mound and moat, now called Morsbury or Mowsbury Hill. This artificial feature may have once been the site of the manor owned by the Morins.