Skip Navigation

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community Histories > Willington > Moravians in Willington

Moravians in Willington

The Moravians were a well established church in Bedford and they also had a meeting in Willington in the early 19th century. The only references to this in records held by Bedfordshire & Luton Archives & Records Service are registrations in 1811 [QSR1811/176 and QSM24 p.18] of the house occupied by Richard Sharpe, registered by Christian Frederick Ramler [or Ramsher] and Benjamin Trapp and in 1814, when the house was that in occupation of Mary Gurney and the person registering was Benjamin Trapp alone [QSR1814/176 and QSM25 p.52].