The Manor of Mavourn alias Glintells Bolnhurst
Francklin family arms
Volume III of The Victoria County History for Bedfordshire, published in 1912, has details of Bolnhurst’s manors. The Manor of Mavourn or Glintells probably had its seat at or near the modern Mavourn Farm, a 17th century, or earlier, building with a nearby moat.
The manor belonged to the priory of Canons Ashby from the early Middle Ages until the dissolution of the priory by Henry VIII (1509-1547) in the mid-1530s, at which time their tenant was John Franklin who was still living at the manor house in 1545. In 1549 the Crown granted the Bolnhurst estates of the former priory to George Acworth and Edward Butler however, the property remained in the hands of the Franklin family into the 20th century.