Old Farm Flitwick
Old Farmhouse forms part of Flitwick Manor Park.It was listed by English Heritage in May 1985 as Grade II, of special interest. The listing dates the house to the 17th century, with a rear addition of about 1800. The original house is timber-framed with red brick infilling whilst the later addition is in red brick. The roofs are composed of clay tiles. The house is built in a T-shape, having two storeys and attics. There is a small 20th century lean-to addition at the left-hand side.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. The valuer visiting Flitwick Manor [DV1/C272/18] visited Old Farm, too. The house was inhabited by G Nibbs and comprised a parlour, kitchen and washhouse. Upstairs were five bedrooms and an earth closet stood outside. The valuer noted: “Very old, was old farmhouse years ago”.