Skip Navigation

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community Histories > Upper Caldecote > Caldecote Church Additions and Alterations

Caldecote Church Additions and Alterations

Upper Caldecote church April 2007
Upper Caldecote church April 2007

The following details come from Bedfordshire Historic Records Society volume 80 of 2001 - Bedfordshire Churches in the 19th Century: Part IV Appendices and Index by former County Archivist Chris Pickford. New lamps were intriduced into the church in 1892 and 1893 and an organ in 1901.

The roof was repaired in 1905. In 1940 a Lady Chapel was formed in the north transept [P142/2/3/2]. New altar rails were installed in 1956 [P142/2/3/4] and a new oak pulpit in 1968 [P142/2/3/6]. In 1986 and 1987 the roof of the church was thoroughly restored [P142/2/3/24]