The Anchor Inn Billington
Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service has just one stray reference to this hostelry. A Manor Court Book [X288/4] for the Manor of Leighton Buzzard alias Grovebury
has an entry stating that in 1734 Richard Bird the younger, blacksmith, was admitted to the copyhold premises called the Anchor in Billington, formerly in the occupation of John Harget. Use of the name Billington means that the inn was in today's Great Billington as the book is consistent in describing land or property as being in Little Billington, if appropriate.