Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Billington > Billington Vicarage

Billington Vicarage

The old Vicarage from the south December 2008
The Old Vicarage from the south December 2008

Since Billington was not an ecclesiastical parish, and therefore did not have a vicar, before 1810 it had no ancient parsonage. The Ecclesiologist of May 1859 reported that the vicarage had recently been designed by the unconventional Victorian architect Samuel Saunders Teulon, if so it is disappointingly free of his usual eccentricities and may be his only work in Bedfordshire. The Vicarage was sold 1965 [P111/2/4/1] and is now a private house.