Moonraker January 2012
Moonraker stands close to the junction of Old School Lane with the main road to Shefford. It was listed by the former Department of Environment in March 1985 as Grade II, of special interest. The department dated the property to the 18th century.
The cottage is built of colourwashed roughcast over a timber frame and has a thatched roof. It is built in an L-shape, the block to the south-west is a 20th century addition. The property comprises one storey and attics and stands gable end on to road.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. The valuer visiting Moonraker [DV1/C124/101] found it owned and occupied by Mrs. B. M. Weaver. The property stood in just under half an acre and it is clear from the map that there were more buildings then than there are today .
The cottage comprised two living rooms, two kitchens and a scullery downstairs with four bedrooms ("very small") above. The valuer noted: "was 2 cottages" and "Very low up". He also commented: "good garden". There were two barns.