Green End Farm Pegsdon
Green End Farmhouse lies near Bury Farmhouse. It was listed by the former Department of Environment in July 1975 as Grade II, of special interest. It dates from the 17th century though extensively reworked in the 19th century. It is timber-framed and covered with colour-washed roughcast render. It is built in an L-plan with an extension to the north. The cross-wing has two storeys, the main block one storey and attics, all beneath slate roofs.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. The valuer visiting the farm, on 5th August 1926 [DV1/H7/24] found, like Bury Farm, that it was owned by Sir James Hill. The occupier was James Smith who paid rent of £152 per annum, a rent fixed in 1926, for 173 acres. The valuer commented: "Land scattered. Has had new set of buildings put in". Another hand wrote: "Lot of top land".
The house comprised two living rooms, a kitchen and dairy with four bedrooms above. Outside stood a washhouse and earth closet. The homestead comprised a wood and corrugated iron shed and brick, wood and tiled hen house, stable, hen house, lean-to shed, piggery, implement shed, three bay open hovel, loose box, cowhouse, mixing house, chaffhouse and barn. There were also a brick, wood and slate barn and granary and six loose boxes as well as wood and corrugated iron hen house, four bey open hovel, loose box, chaffhouse and stable for two horses, granary and store and hen house.