Sources for Education in Melchbourne
The Old School February 2014
The following list gives all the sources relating to education in Melchbourne held by Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service. Due to the terms of the Data Protection Act records containing personal details of living individuals will be closed in total, or in part, depending on the nature of the information.
- Bedfordshire Times 2nd January 1858: formal opening of the school on 20th December 1857: 1857;:
- E/SA3/1/2: managers' and inspector's reports: 1903;
- E/TE5/3: details of teachers: 1904-1908;
- E/TE5/4: details of teachers: 1908-1912;
- E/IN1/1: inspector's reports: 1911-1938;
- Z823/1-2: photographs of classes: c.1929-1930;
- X351/3: the Old School: 1965.