Little Staughton Standpipes
Lion head standpipe January 2017
Jeanette Atkinson and Brenda Foster have been working on adding Community History pages for Little Staughton.
Before mains water people used ponds, streams and wells for their water supplies, but in the 1930’s standpipes that tapped into springs and the water table were introduced for cleaner water supplies. Little Staughton has five standpipes: they are standard cast iron Glenfield and Kennedy Kilmarnoch ‘Lion’s Head’ standpipes erected in 1935/6.