Skip Navigation

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community Histories > Bedford > Presbyterian Congregation Bedford

Presbyterian Congregation Bedford

In 1952 the Bedford Congregation of the Presbyterian Church of England and the Moravian Congregation began worshipping together at St Peter’s Moravian Church. The two congregations were unified in 1960 to form St Luke’s Church. 

Bedfordshire Archives holds records for the Presbyterian Congregation dating from 1943 within the Moravian collection under reference MO/12.

Ministers of the Presbyterian Congregation from 1952 were:


David Edward Russell 


David Davies BA 


Robert Richards MA 


George Alexander Harding BA