Sources for Education in Potsgrove
The following list gives all the sources relating to education in Silsoe held by Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service. Due to the terms of the Data Protection Act records containing personal details of living individuals will be closed in total, or in part, depending on the nature of the information.
Saint John’s School, Sheep Lane
- CRT130Pot2: report on the opening of Saint John’s School, Sheep Lane: 1862;
- Z1487/1: scrapbook about the school and chapel: 1862-1886;
- SDPotsgrove1: log book: 1873-1916;
- SDPotsgrove2: admissions register: 1875-1916;
- P124/28: vouchers regarding education: 1879-1880;
- PCPotsgrove26/1: the old school to be used for parish meetings: 1948.
Potsgrove Board/Council School
- SB4/6: School Board byelaws: 1896;
- SB4/1: School Board minutes: 1896-1903;
- SB4/2: School Board treasurer’s account: 1896-1903;
- SB4/3: School Board financial statements: 1896-1903;
- SB4/4: School Board cash book: 1896-1903;
- SB4/5: School Board clerk’s report to Bedfordshire County Council: 1903;
- E/TE5/1: details of teachers: 1904-1908;
- E/TE5/2: details of teachers: 1908-1912;
- E/IN1/1: inspector’s report: 1911.