Skip Navigation

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community Histories > Stagsden > Stagsden Church Room

Stagsden Church Room

former Church Room December 2007
The former Church Room December 2007

The Church Room was built in 1898 as an inscription on the exterior testifies. In 1926 this part of Bedfordshire was valued under the terms of the Rating Valuation Act of 1925; every building and piece of land was inspected to determine the rates to be paid on it. The valuer visiting the Church Room noted  [DV1/C36/16-17] the brick and tile construction and that there was one room "only used for religious purposes". Attached to the Church Room was a living room, kitchen and scullery and front room; there were three bedrooms above; he noted: "Water from public well 100 yards away. Good cottage. No garden. Nice". The Church Room is now a private residence.