Pay Archives Service Online
YOU CAN NOW PAY ONLINE!
The Archives Service now has a facility enabling our customers to pay online for the services they get from us. When you have contacted us with your enquiry and we have given you an enquiry number and a breakdown of the research/copying fees owed you can pay by following the instructions below. Please read the guidelines first which should help you navigate your way through the payment system.
- Select the 'Miscellaneous' option from the Borough Council's payment homepage.
- Click on 'Archives' and a drop down menu of our services will appear. Select one of the options, such as Photocopies.
- This will take you to a page where you are asked to fill in your name and address details, and the amount that you need to pay for the service you have selected. NB If you are living outside the UK please enter our postcode - MK42 9AP -as others will not work.
- In the field labelled Message Box, you must put your enquiry number – this will have been given to you by the member of staff dealing with your enquiry, and will look something like this – 15-10-123.
- Press 'Continue' and you will see a summary of what you have to pay for so far. If you have any other services to pay for, such as research or digital copies, click on 'Add Another Service' and add the items required from the menu. When all the services you need to pay for are listed on the summary, press 'Continue'.
- A page appears which asks for your card details, and also whether you want an electronic receipt sending to your e-mail address. When the details have been filled in, press 'Continue' and you should then get a payment confirmation and a payment reference number. The process is complete, your payment has been accepted, and the Archives Service will receive confirmation that you have paid.
N.B. We are not permitted to retain card details for our customers, so every time you use our service and incur a fee, you will have to enter your payment details. We will not keep a record of your details.
We also accept payment by personal cheque or postal order made payable to Bedford Borough Council.