Aley Green Cemetery
The entrance to the cemetery in March 2007
The cemetery at Aley Green now serves as the burial place for the whole of Caddington and Slip End parishes. Although known as Aley Green Cemetery it lies in the civil parish of Slip End (the parish boundary includes the northern edge of the cemetery) whereas Aley Green itself lies in the civil parish of Caddington!
It was originally a field of one and a half acres owned by Richard Pennington who conveyed it to the Rural Sanitary Authority Guardians on 1st March 1886. The running of the cemetery was originally in the hands of the Caddington & Humbershoe Burial Board but, with the passing of the 1894 Local Government Act this duty passed to the newly created Caddington Parish Council.