Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Whipsnade > Whipsnade Maps

Whipsnade Maps

The maps below are from the tithe apportionment for Whipsnade dating to about 1842. To see a larger version please click on the appropriate image.

The western half of the village about 1842 [MAT50]
The western half of the village about 1842 [MAT50]

The eastern half of the village about 1842 [MAT50]
The eastern half of the village about 1842 [MAT50]

The maps below are taken from the first, second and third edition Ordnance Survey 25 inches to the mile maps of 1880, 1901 and 1924 resepctively. Again, to see a larger version please click on the relevant image.

The western half of the village in 1880
The western half of the village in 1880

The eastern half of the village in 1880
The eastern half of the village in 1880

The western half of the village in 1901
The western half of the village in 1901

The eastern half of the village in 1901
The eastern half of the village in 1901

The western half of the village in 1924
The western half of the village in 1924

The eastern half of the village in 1924
The eastern half of the village in 1924